How to find out who called or texted someone without their permission? This is where Reverse Phone Lookup comes into play. Nowadays, these sites are very common and everyone uses them. The only problem is they don’t always give accurate information. Reverse Phone Lookup websites allow anyone to check a number against a database of numbers. They also let one see the last time that person called or sent text messages. These websites are useful when one wants to track down the caller ID of a suspicious call or text message.
What necessitates the use of these sites?
In the present time, virtually everyone has at least some contact information stored on their phones. Unfortunately, this also means that anyone can track our movements, read our texts, or even listen in on our conversations without our knowledge.
- With the growing number of fake accounts on social media platforms, it’s becoming harder to tell real friends from imposters.
- The number of unwanted calls has increased dramatically over the last decade.
- In 2013, the FTC reported that Americans received approximately 30 million robocalls per day. By 2017, that number had grown to upwards of 90 million per day.
- There are numerous reasons why people receive these calls. Some are legitimate, such as telemarketers who want to sell them something.
- Others are scams, where scammers attempt to trick them into giving out personal information.
- Still, others are prank calls, where callers try to annoy them.
If one receives a call from a number they don’t know, they should immediately hang up. There are various ways to trace the origin of a call.
How do these websites come in handy?
- A reverse phone lookup service allows one to check a person’s mobile phone number or email address without having their permission.
- This is possible because each cell phone has a unique identifier called the International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI).
- The IMSI is assigned to every SIM card installed on a device.
- If one wants to know someone’s personal information, such as a phone number or email address, they should simply look up their IMSI on a database.
Reverse lookups are also known as telephone number lookups or reverse directory searches. These sites provide information such as the name, address, and other details of the person who owns the phone number. One can access these services through mobile apps, desktop applications, or even browser extensions. In addition, these tools offer some other useful features too.